Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkins!

This has been quite a year for pumpkins. It started out with a pumpkin painting event in my parent's back yard where Emerson, Sebastian and Nathaniel had the chance to paint little pumpkins. Nathaniel finished first and enjoyed the chance to show off his scary Halloween face:

Emerson is quite the artist and was very picky about his color choices. He concentrated very hard on every brush stroke. It was pretty cute:


Last weekend I headed up to John and Jill's to watch the Red Sox game (since I don't get TBS) and I brought some big carving pumpkins with me. I got to carve one before the boys went to bed and I carved a second one during the game. Emerson was pretty interested in the process and wanted to see what I was up to.

Sebastian did a pretty good job of imitating the face on the pumpkin:


On Friday, I had Kim and Alex over to do more pumpkin carving. Alex was not a big fan of scooping out the guts, but we told him that was part of the process and he had to do at least a little bit of the "work":

Once we got to the carving part, he was much happier. He did a really creative lightning bolt pattern and did all the carving himself:

The fruits of our labor on my front porch:

Me, Alex and Kim with our pumpkins:

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love the Pumpkins!!!! You guys did a great job. Wish you were here to help with our pumpkins. They still sit on the stoop uncarved. Hopefully, we will carve them this Thursday.

Jerri said...

those are such fun pumps! we thought of you last night when we carved ours with gen and justin and joey over at joey's apartment. he made us a fabulous dinner and then we carved up the pumps! one big one for the parents and a baby one for madame z.