Thursday, October 9, 2008

Roasted!

Well, I figured out this evening that my oven works! It was on for a over an hour making the following goodies:

Roasted Beets
I bought these at the farmer's market on Tuesday and they seem to be an interesting variety somewhere between regular beets and golden beets. I'm planning on having these with some goat cheese and arugula for dinner tonight.


Croutons!
A couple days ago I bought two little rolls from the local bakery thinking that I would eat them with the homemade soup that I made, but I forgot to bring them with my lunch two days in a row, so tonight they were perfectly stale enough for croutons.


Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
If I have a hot oven going, it's hard for me not to roast some potatoes if I have them on hand. These little red ones were getting to the end of their prime, and the carrots were just asking to be part of the party. So I tossed these with some olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic pepper, and thyme and they are delicious!


I'm so happy to finally be using my kitchen. Throughout September I was eating out way too much, but now that my house is starting to feel like my home, I'm getting more comfortable with navigating the awkwardly laid-out kitchen. At some point I'll have to invite some people over for dinner. First I have to hang some stuff on the walls.

2 comments:

Jerri said...

yum! that all looks so good. good for you for doing homemade cooking. love it!

Trinity said...

i don't feel at home until i'm cooking in my home. welcome to your new home, beth!