Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Movin' in...

All of the rest of my stuff arrived early on Saturday, Sept. 6th. The movers left Boston at 3am in order to beat the storm (the remnants of Hurricane Hanna). They arrived around 8:20am and unloaded the stuff in about 45 minutes. It was awesome. They even got the huge desk in, which is basically why I needed movers at all.

So when they left, I was left this huge pile in the living room, where only 2 hours before I was sleeping on an air mattress. The desk is under the boxes on the left, but other than that, it's pretty much just stuff. And of course, all of my bedroom furniture went straight to the bedroom.

Kim and Meg came out, from Philly and NYC respectively, and helped me SO much with unpacking and getting organized. Kim was nice enough to bring some stuff to make sandwiches (with chips on the side!) and we had a picnic lunch on the floor in the living room and then kept unpacking through the afternoon. For dinner we went out for pizza and beer with Kim's sister. Even though it was exhausting and busy, it was great to have friends around to help me settle, and more than anything, it was SO great to finally sleep in my own bed again!

No comments: