Sunday, September 14, 2008

Obama, Ikea, Ihab, Obama

I had quite a busy day today. I volunteered with the Obama campaign to register voters. It was nice to sit outside at a table in downtown Princeton and get some people registered and sell some buttons and bumper stickers and get the occasional thumbs up from passers by. I sat with three other people and the conversations ranged from disbelief in Sarah Palin (on many levels), energizing the democratic party, local happenings and upcoming movies (since we were sitting across from the movie theatre). It was a great way to start the day.

From there I went over to Alchemist and Barrister to meet up with my friend Meg and her parents who came into town to have brunch. I caught them at the end of their meal, but it was still nice to catch up since I haven't seen them in a while.

From there I headed out to IKEA in Philly to pick up a kitchen cart that they didn't have in stock at the IKEA in Elizabeth last weekend. They actually had it in stock, so I got that and then found a couple other little things for around the house. I think I found a loveseat I like, too. It will fit in the small space that I have available for a couch and it was pretty comfy for both laying and sitting. I couldn't buy it right then, but I might head back in a couple weeks.

From IKEA I met up with Kim and then headed out to her Veggie Dinner Club for an amazing spread of Lebonese food courtesy of Ihab. It was amazing. And even more so because he had been fasting for Ramadan all day and cooking all of this delicious food. He apologized if anything didn't taste good because he couldn't taste any of it while cooking. Needless to say, he's done this a number of times because it all tasted great.

So I got home from that and checked my email to find that my friend Amy had sent a link to this great Obama-related video. I really got a kick out of it, but I also have vivid memories of seeing Les Mis on Broadway when I was in middle school and I've always loved the music... Anyway, I thought it was great. Enjoy!

And back to work tomorrow...

2 comments:

Jerri said...

sounds like you're having a blast in your new place and getting set up. i love the kitchen cart, by the way. and the loveseat looks cute, too. can't wait to see the final pics of your place.

Previously Junebug B said...

I'm still waiting for the apartment to get painted, but a date hasn't been set for that yet. She promised it would happen before October, so we'll see...
I'm hoping to get out to IKEA with a cargo van next week to get the couch. Again, we'll see...

Thanks for commenting!