Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Boston check list

A few weeks ago I made a little list of things I wanted to do before leaving the Boston area. Last Saturday, the day I got home from Cape May, I had the chance to check off 3 of those things. Matt and I had an amazing afternoon and evening.

It started out with a trip to the North End, which is the Italian section of Boston. We had lunch at the Original Pizzeria Regina and then headed to Mike's Pastry for lattes and cannolis.

Both were delicious, although I ended up being a little over-caffeinated between the soda I had with the pizza and the latte with the cannoli.

By the time we got to the Skywalk at the top of the Prudential Building I was a little queasy, but still enjoyed the view. It was fun to find buildings that I recognized, and it was great to see Fenway Park filling up for the game that night.

After we made it down to ground level, we went on a Duck Boat Tour! It was really amazing. I had so much fun and we went all over the city. Our driver was great, both informative and amusing. I would recommend this to anyone who's interested in getting a good overview of the city in a fun way. This is our driver sitting in the jumpseat when he let a kid take the wheel while we were in the Charles River.

After the Duck tour we went to get drinks and watched the Olympics at a bar downtown. It was a great way to continue the feeling of being on vacation, and awesome to have some fun in Boston before I move.

No comments: