Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Plant Life

Summer is always a fun time to watch things grow, and there have been some interesting blooms showing up around here lately. First of all, another one of my mystery plants decided to bloom. This is the plant that is referred to as my Dr. Suess plant because it looks like something from a Dr. Suess book. Every few months is looses all of its leaves and then grows a little more stem and then more leaves show up, but this is the first time that blooms have shown up, too. So if anyone out there recognizes this plant, let me know what it is. Maybe there's something in this Cambridge air that's good for the houseplants. We'll see how things progress once they make it to NJ.


The other thing that's been blooming around here are the morning glories! And yesterday the first blue one opened up. I hate to play favorites, but the blue ones really have a special place in my heart. Here's the first big blue bloom:


No comments: