Thursday, August 28, 2008

Northampton, one more time...

One of my favorite places in Massachusetts is Northampton. I decided to take the day and head out there to do some new things and some of my favorite things. Sylvie went to Smith and has always told me how beautiful the campus is, and it's right near downtown Northampton. So I decided to head to the Smith College Art Museum and the Botanic Gardens on campus. I'm glad I tried something new. The Art Museum was wonderful. The highlights included an installation of a Sol LeWitt wall drawing that was very cool.

I couldn't take any photos in the art museum, but I made up for that with tons of photos in the botanic gardens. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed exploring all of the different little rooms.

Here are some koi in a pond with pots of orchids reflected in the water:

Here's a view of one of the workbenches:


Some plants from my favorite continent:

One of my favorite things in Northampton is Haymarket Cafe, and I indulged in two of my favorite things: a real iced chai with soy milk and their Baked Tofu sandwich. I'm getting hungry again just thinking about them. If you're ever in Northampton, please seek this place out and indulge yourself. Everything is good, but these two things are especially delicious.

On the way home I had the chance to stop in Worcester and have dinner with Christa. I'm so glad I got to see her again before heading out to NJ. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Jerri said...

oh wow! that is so cool that you got together with christa again before you left. you both look so great! i think your next trip should be to africa (or minneapolis)...you pick! :)