Monday, August 18, 2008

Princeton apartment, yes I have one!

So, thanks to some much needed moral support from my good friend Sylvie, I decided on an apartment in Princeton. I currently love the fact that I can walk to work at Harvard and I made that a priority when looking at apartments in Princeton. So I decided on a one-bedroom that's about a 15 minute walk from my new job. My walk takes me directly past the amazing Princeton Public Library and my choice of cute bakeries and coffee shops. It's close to the downtown area, but right around the corner from an elementary school with a community garden and amazing playground (I can't wait for my nephews to see it), a community rec center with a pool, tennis courts and basketball courts and great Mexican and Italian restaurants. While Sylvie and I walked around the neighborhood more than one person said hello to us, either from their front porch or while walking past us. It seems like a great little neighborhood and I'm excited to live there and hopefully become part of the community.

The apartment itself is not the prettiest place I've ever lived (my one bedroom in Chicago will be tough to beat), but it will do for now. It has a teeny-tiny bathroom, a kitchen, living room/dining area and bedroom. I'm looking forward to moving in and making it my own. I'll be sure to post some photos once I get to a good place in the decorating.

Thanks so much to Sylvie for keeping me company on the drive down and helping me keep my thoughts straight as we looked at so many apartments, each with their ups and downs. One of the funniest "downs" to one of the places was the fact that it was across the street from a cemetery, which is fine, except that when I looked out the bedroom window in that direction, the biggest headstone in the whole place had one word on it: BETH. It was a little creepy. There were other reasons not to take that apartment, but that was the most amusing. :)

1 comment:

Trinity said...

Yay! I am glad you found a place. It sounds like a great location. Wise choice not to take the one with the headstone!