Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Passim on NPR

Tonight I had the chance to hear this great story about Club Passim on NPR. I've been volunteering here since I moved to the Boston area 2 years ago and I've had the pleasure of seeing so many great shows. Some of the highlights include Josh Ritter, Utah Phillips, The Nields, Erin McKeown, The Falcon Ridge Preview Tour, and Old School Freight Train among others.

One of the hardest things for me to leave in Chicago was the Old Town School of Folk Music and Passim did a great job of filling in that gap. I took guitar lessons at Passim and made friends with some great people who were also volunteers. Soon I'll be leaving Cambridge and Passim and I'll be looking, yet again, for another great venue to volunteer for and hopefully see some great music while I'm at it.

1 comment:

Jerri said...

what a great story! i'm glad you posted it so i could read it.