Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Home improvements

My roommate left for the Bahamas this morning at 5am, and my other roommate is in India for a couple weeks, so I have the house to myself for a couple days. I decided I might as well enjoy a clean house, so this morning I woke up and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, organized the pantry, did the dishes and cleaned out the fireplace. I've been meaning to do this since I got back from vacation and I just had the energy this morning. As a result, I'm exhausted now and it's only 10:30pm.

After work I had to head to Simmons to take care of some financial aid business, and on the way back I stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond and picked up some candles, some new sheets which were crazy on sale, and a candle holder thingy (see the photo) to put in the fireplace. It looks way better than the cluster of big old candles that has probably been hanging out in the fireplace for the past 10 years. I have big plans to make some art to hang in the front hallway and I'd love to rearrange the furniture, but we'll see if I have time for that.

2 comments:

Trinity said...

I have been doing a bunch of cleaning and purging of stuff at our house over the past week. Are you interested in back issues of ReadyMade magazine as inspiration for your apartment makeover?

Previously Junebug B said...

Trinity -
I think I'll pass on the ReadyMades, but thanks. I should have you guys over soon for drinks or games or both! Hope all is well!

- Beth