Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Not a painter

There are some things in life that I know are not my strong points. I would say that baking is one of those things: Brownies out of a box, yes. Homemade bread, not so much. I think I can safely add painting to the "needs improvement" list of my skills. Yes, I can paint objects, such as Christmas tree ornaments, but when it comes to sitting down and filling an empty canvas (even if it is just posterboard) I could use some help, and frankly, it's harder that it looks. I had big plans to make some art to hang in the entryway of the apartment, but I did one panel and just wasn't happy with it. So I totally changed gears, washed out the paintbrushes and moved to working with paper and glue. I think it turned out OK. At least, I think it looks better than the empty wall. I also hung some photos in the kitchen. The apartment looked nice for my dinner guests, but mostly because I threw all the clutter into my room. Cleaning the room and doing laundry is a job for this weekend.

No comments: