Thursday, January 3, 2008

Looking forward to 2008

There is a lot I have to look forward to in 2008. One of the biggest events in my life will be turning the big 3-0. Currently there are some good plans in place to make this a memorable milestone. First is a trip with two wonderful girlfriends from college. We are in the process of planning a retreat weekend in mid-March meant as a getaway to help us connect and look forward to crossing this milestone together (officially in May, June and July for each of us). I also have some plans up my sleeve to visit a friend in London and throw a big party closer to my actual birthday.

The other big event in 2008 is that I will be graduating with my Masters in Library Science in May. This will also involve a party, but probably on a (slightly) smaller scale.

More immediately I'm looking forward to having January as a time to gather some thoughts, organize my life, clean up from the holidays, read some books and watch as many Netflix movies as possible. I'm already working on this. I watched Helvetica last night. It's a documentary about the font. I know this sounds ridiculously boring, but it was pretty interesting. Some people really love it and some people hate it. One thing is for sure. Once you see the movie you notice the font everywhere! It's a little crazy.

As for the rest of the year, we'll have to see how that pans out. My job is guaranteed through August (it's a project position), so if it works out that my contract is renewed, I think I would stay there, but if the funding doesn't pan out, I'll be on the job search this summer. That should be interesting...

So we'll see. Lots of wonderful things are on the horizon, and some things are still a mystery. 2008 should be an interesting year...

4 comments:

Jerri said...

when are you ever going to post anything about your trip to minnie?

Previously Junebug B said...

Please refer to my Dec. 19th post, quoted here:
"I'm going to blog every day in January. Seriously. I know this seems like an impossible task, but it's true. And I'm going to blog about the little things, just something cool I noticed on my walk into work, or a little thought I had during the day or something small. There might be a photo, there might not. But I'm not going to let myself get bogged down trying to blog every detail about the big events of my life. Chances are, if you're reading this blog, I've already told you about the big events anyway. Wouldn't it be more interesting to know some funny thought I had instead? I'm glad you agree, oh faithful reader."

Previously Junebug B said...

Thanks for the great post on YOUR blog about my trip. If any other readers would like to read about my trip to Minneapolis you can check out the January 3rd posting at jerrijoy.blogspot.com.

Jerri said...

that is such a cop-out! you have to post about your own trip. not fair. i knew i shouldn't have done a post until you did one. seriously...so not cool.