Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A moving experience

After a slightly frustrating day at work, I can home with all intention of working on this art project I'm thinking up, but instead decided to do the furniture moving on my own. I think it turned out pretty successfully, Sylvie said it makes the room look grown up. That works for me.

BEFORE


and AFTER!
The toughest part of the whole moving process was trying to move the TV, VCR, DVD and audio equipment. I unplugged a lot of stuff and managed to get everything plugged back in, although the audio only comes through the TV instead of through the extra speakers, but I'm sure my roommate will be able to figure that out. I also have to get a longer cord so the cable can go up and over the door, but so far so good. I've been watching the NH primary results and it's been working out.

Tomorrow I'm having guests for dinner and looking forward to doing some cooking and showing off the new set up.

UPDATE: Yes, the roommate DID figure out the audio! And I did get a longer cord, and instead of going up and over the doorway, I took it over the fireplace, a much easier solution. All is well!

1 comment:

Jerri said...

Weren't you bummed about last night's results? URGH! Anyway, I still think Obama can win. Do you think your roomies will care that you did all this moving without them? I'm assuming they'll be cool with it. It will be nice for them to come home to such a nice space and not have to do any of the work with it. HA!