Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trusty sandwich

I treated myself to a sandwich tonight. Anyone who reads this blog knows about my love for sandwiches in my neighborhood. Well, I went back to the All-Star Sandwich Bar tonight and fell in love all over again. This time with their Eggplant Parm. It was the veggie Sandwich of the Day and I have to say it was good. Real good. And this is coming from someone who grew up in a town full of Italians who know how to make eggplant parm. It wasn't served on the traditional hoagie roll, instead it was grilled panini-style on sandwich bread, sourdough I think. The breading was perfect, not too much marinara and the cheese was a mix of mozzarella and parmesan, just enough, not overwhelming. I'll be keeping my eye out for it on the specials menu. And hopefully we'll run into each other again soon!

No comments: