Monday, January 14, 2008

Movies in January

So this January I decided to up my Netflix to one-at-time, unlimited per month! I know this is just one step up from the very basic, but it's still a step up. I've also been supplementing my Netflix movies with movies from the library, seeing movies in the theatre and movies from my friend's Netflix and On-Demand. Here is just a sampling of movies I've seen in the past 2 weeks:

The Great Debaters - a good way to spend a sloppy snowy afternoon.
The Simpsons Movie - wish I had seen it on the big screen, but still enjoyable
Down From the Mountain - This is a documentary about the music from the movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"
Patty Griffin, Live from the Artists Den
Helvetica
Much Ado About Nothing
- an oldie but a goodie, in fact I slept through part of it, but it was totally worth it.
Notes On a Scandal - creepy, but good.

I'm hoping to squeeze in a couple more movies in the theatre before school starts at the end of the month. We'll see how that goes. I'd love to see I'm Not There, Persepolis, Walk Hard and a couple others. I'm always open for recommendations...

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I just saw The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. What made it even better is that it's based on a true story.

Also, Sweeny Todd was pretty entertaining..you know for a musical about gruesome murder.

emilie said...

Have you seen 'Juno?' It's very entertaining and the dialogue is very witty!

I won't go see Sweeney Todd... I remember seeing that play in London and hating it.

Previously Junebug B said...

I have seen Juno. I loved it and I LOVE the soundtrack. I don't know anything about the Diving Bell and the Butterfly, I'll have to look into it.

Jerri said...

i have persepolis tickets FOR FREE tonight at the landmark by my apartment. too bad you can't come with me! :)