Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Veggie dinner & vegan cupcakes

Last night I had the pleasure of once again getting together with my veggie dinner club for a great dinner at Ann and Lee's. We had homemade gnocchi, Parmesan encrusted tofu, green beans and carrots, and the most amazing vegan cupcakes. Ann is a super-fan of this one cookbook titled Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and I have to say, I wish they would. I've had maybe five different varieties that Ann has made and they've all been great. It has totally changed my perception of vegan baked goods. It was a fun night, as always, and I'm already looking forward to February at Paul and Trinity's!

2 comments:

Jerri said...

oohh...can you bring some of those cupcakes to chicago? hee hee! see you soon.

Lacey said...

I have baked from VCTOtW before and brought them to work to surprise my coworkers. Most of the time they are rolling their eyes with delight and THEN I tell them the cupcakes are vegan!

Sofar, the biggest winners have been the "peanut butter bombs," which are chocolate cupcakes with PB filling and icing. You really can't go wrong with sugar and fake butter though, you know?